Hoover F5914 SteamVac Review


Tags: , , , ,

The Hoover F5914 cleans my carpets and upholstery really thoroughly. I have a few tough stains in the carpet in my living room and bedroom and the F5914 vacuum does as well as a commercial carpet cleaner. In order to get the full benefit of my F5914, I use boiling water to really get the temperature up. When the water hits the spray nozzle, it has really cooled off so make it hotter. Bissell uses a heater, but it can't be that powerful without reducing motor power. When I'm vacuuming, I slide the cleanr very slow to go over the tough to get out stain areas. No matter what you've read or heard, heavy stains need to be pretreated; even professional cleaners do so. I also vacuum often and with this Steamvac it makes the job much easier and more efficient. I made a mistake of waiting too long in between cleaning cycles and a patch of stained carpet area in my living room can't be removed anymore.

I also have two dogs and my grandchildren live in our home. After contacting a local carpet cleaner to do a wool area rug, I was quoted for $350. Forget that outrageous price, I can buy two of these Steamvacs. So, I decided that for that price, I could get a steam cleaner and do it myself. It's a great machine because of the turbo brushes. They get deep down into the fibers and really scrub and clean the carpet and upholstery. The colors popped as if new again. I did every rug in the house. I too boiled some the water I added to the machine so it would stay hot while I worked. It is pretty easy to set up and use as well.

I highly recommend the Hoover F5914 SteamVac and I am sure that you will use and like this vacuum cleaner and be very satisfied with it.

0 comments